Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Reed, Vergil and Smilde, Lubertus Papers, 1944-1960
- Reed was director of US Bureau of the Census (1940s), as well as Director of Research and economist at JWT. Smilde was Reed's colleague and successor in the Market Research Department at JWT. Papers include anaylsis of population trends and views of the private enterprise system, among other research topics.
- Schwarz (Burkhard) Papers, 1973–1989
- Correspondence, personnel files, financial summaries, client files, and files of prospective business contacts. Clients include Nestle, Kodak, Burger King, Ford, Sunlicht, Elida, Kellogg, and DeBeers.
- Seymour (Dan) Papers, 1951–1974
- Collection documents advertising history, including the development of television shows and other aspects of television programming, such as the selection of actors and audience profiles for clients. Clients include Kodak, Ford, Kraft, Lever Brothers, and Liggett & Myers Tobacco.
- Siebel (Paul-G.) Papers, 1968–1975 (bulk 1969–1975)
- Primarily in German, contains correspondence with domestic and international offices, mostly concerned with the advertising industry, media planning, account direction, production of advertisements, and business management of J. Walter Thompson Co. Frankfurt.
- Stridsberg (Albert) Papers, 1955–2001
- Correspondence, memos, reports, speeches, and printed items from Stridsberg's career at JWT, mostly concerned with agency's international offices and clients, marketing of tobacco, and speeches by Rena Bartos.
- Strouse (Norman H.) Papers, 1916–1987
- Correspondence, office files and memos, reports, writings and speeches, charts, client presentations, clippings, photographs, and scrapbooks from Strouse's time at J. Walter Thompson Co. Detroit, especially relating to the Ford Motor Company.
- Sutton (Thomas) Papers, 1965–1975
- Director of International Operations for J. Walter Thompson Co. in the 1960s; Executive Vice-President of J. Walter Thompson Co. Group, Inc.
- Taylor (Winfield) Papers, 1948–1960
- Copy writer and Creative Department executive with J. Walter Thompson Co. in the 1940s and 1950s.
- Tripp (Granger) Papers, 1958–1984
- Contains presentations and speeches; correspondence, memos, publications, and clippings; audio-visual material. Also includes contents and strategy of creative advertisements for Eastman Kodak.
- Viola (Anthony J.) Papers, 1968-2009 and undated
Seinor Art Director, JWT in New York, Chicago and Lisbon. Papers documents Viola's career, with bulk of collection containing artwork for print ads
- and television storyboards.
- Wilson (Edward B. (Ted)) Papers, 1966–1977
- Correspondence, office files, client files, reports, speeches, and advertisements from Wilson's time at J. Walter Thompson Co. New York Office.
- Wilson (Edward G.) Papers, 1906–1991
- Executive and General Counsel for J. Walter Thompson Co. in the 1950s and 1960s.
- Woodell (Shirley F.) Papers, 1943–1958
- Documents the operations of J. Walter Thompson Co. in Mexico, the Caribbean, and Latin America primarily through correspondence written by Woodell during business trips. Includes maps, memos, reports, notes, itineraries, and photographs.\
- Young (James Webb) Papers, 1927–1984
- Contains memos, minutes, correspondence, research reports, advertisements, and tables, especially focused on early development of international offices, public service advertising, and advertising strategy.