Skip to main content
- Competitive Advertisements Collection, ca. 1910s–1997
- Advertisements of products which were competitors of J. Walter Thompson Company clients. Ads were clipped from magazines and newspapers by J. Walter Thompson Co. staff. Paper collection guide in the Reading Room. [only post 1955 open to research.]
- Domestic Advertisements Collection, 1875–2001 (bulk 1920s–1990s)
- Collection of J. Walter Thompson Co. Domestic Advertisements, grouped by client and then by year, not specific to any certain J. Walter Thompson Co. office. Also includes Oversized Domestic, International, and J. Walter Thompson Co. House Ads, 1919–1990s (bulk 1970s–1990s). Unprocessed additions.
- Frankfurt Office, Advertisements Collection, 1950-1991
- Ads span the years 1950 through 1991 and include newspaper and magazine print advertisements, tear sheets and proofs. Clients include BASF, Burger King, De Beers, Dunlop, Ford, Kraft, Lever Brothers, Pan Am, and Singer. Most advertisements are in German, although some are in English.
- International Advertisements Collection, ca. 1920s–2000s
- Advertisements produced internationally or for an international market, or for multinational clients by the J. Walter Thompson Company; most ads date from the 1980s.
- Microfilm 35mm Proofs, 1906-1960 and undated
- Consists primarily of images of print advertisements and proofs taken from proof books and portfolios of domestic and foreign JWT offices.
- World War II Advertising Collection, 1940–1948
- Documents the war-related activities of JWT, including in-house documentation of efforts, advertisements, and work for government, civilian, and war-supporting charitable organizations produced by the War Advertising Council; also includes a few post-war assessments.