Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Account Files Collection, 1885–1987
- Account histories and records for various J. Walter Thompson Co. accounts of the 20th century. Collection is fully processed as of May 2013, but is subject to change if there are new acquistions. Check with archivist for most current collection guide.
- Advertising and Marketing Intelligence (AMI) Records, 1979–1981
- Information on the Advertising and Marketing Intelligence (AMI) database, a JWT/NYT advertising and marketing news database; and, AD/KIT, or "Advertising Key Information Tracking System."
- Corporate Documentation, 1896-1988
- Primarily consists of minute books to the regular meetings of JWTs stockholders and Directors; administrative and finance records; and reports. The collections also includes background information relative to annual meetings, etc.
- Information Center Records, 1890s–1987
- Reports, memoranda, clippings, financial papers, and printed material relating to specific J. Walter Thompson Co. accounts.
- International Offices Records, 1929–1998 and undated
- Collection contains primarily financial records, correspondence, presentations, campaign drafts, account lists, meeting minutes and printed materials. The bulk of material dates from the 1970s-1980s.
- Legal Department Records, 1936-1979
- The Legal Department Records contain releases for models and photographers associated with JWT campaigns between 1936–1979, and especially the 1950s. The collection also contains publications associated with JWT clients which required model releases. A wide range of companies are represented in this collection. Photographers mentioned or whose work appears in the collection include Richard Avedon, Ralph Bartholomew, Anton Bruehl, Horst, Otto Mayo, Valentino Sarra, and Francesco Scavullo.
- New Business Records, 1926–2006 and undated
- Collection combines records of the New Businees Departments of JWT's major offices: New York, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, and San Francisco. The bulk of material dates from 1980 - 1989.
- Personnel Records, 1930–1996
- Personnel records of individuals who left the company between 1930–1996. Photocopying of any personnel record is not allowed. Paper collection guide in the Reading Room. Unprocessed additions.
- Review Board Records, 1947 and 1953–1976
- Records from the J. Walter Thompson Co. New York Office's primary mechanism for controlling the quality of its services; includes guidance for accounts teams assigned to particular clients.
- Staff Meeting Minutes Collection, 1927–1938
- Verbatim minutes of staff meetings of JWT, also includes advertisements, photographs, and other printed materials attached to minutes as background for meetings. More detailed paper collection guide in the Reading Room.
- Treasurer's Office Records, 1928–1952
- Documents financial operations of J. Walter Thompson Co. offices within the US and abroad; includes correspondence, financial records, and legal documents for a number of multinational clients.