Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- SAG/AFTRA Files, 1941–1978
- Correspondence, codes, and contracts pertaining to television and radio commercials produced by J. Walter Thompson Co. for various clients. Unprocessed.
- San Francisco Office. Records, 1949–1999
- Administrative files and reports documenting various aspects of the J. Walter Thompson Co. San Francisco office. Records from the Creative Library contain audio and video tapes of radio and television commercials, as well as creative output documenting advertising for clients handled by the office.
- Schwarz (Burkhard) Papers, 1973–1989
- See full entry under Frankfurt Office.
- Seymour (Dan) Papers, 1951–1974
- Collection documents advertising history, including the development of television shows and other aspects of television programming, such as the selection of actors and audience profiles for clients. Clients include Kodak, Ford, Kraft, Lever Brothers, and Liggett & Myers Tobacco.
- Siebel (Paul-G.) Papers, 1968–1975 (bulk 1969–1975)
- See entry under Frankfurt Office.
- Staff Meeting Minutes Collection, 1927–1938
- Verbatim minutes of staff meetings of JWT, also includes advertisements, photographs, and other printed materials attached to minutes as background for meetings. More detailed paper collection guide in the Reading Room.
- Stridsberg (Albert) Papers, 1955–2001
- Correspondence, memos, reports, speeches, and printed items from Stridsberg's career at JWT, mostly concerned with agency's international offices and clients, marketing of tobacco, and speeches by Rena Bartos.
- Strouse (Norman H.) Papers, 1916–1987
- Correspondence, office files and memos, reports, writings and speeches, charts, client presentations, clippings, photographs, and scrapbooks from Strouse's time at J. Walter Thompson Co. Detroit, especially relating to the Ford Motor Company.
- Sutton (Thomas) Papers, 1965–1975
- Director of International Operations for J. Walter Thompson Co. in the 1960s; Executive Vice-President of J. Walter Thompson Co. Group, Inc.
- Taylor (Winfield) Papers, 1948–1960
- Copy writer and Creative Department executive with J. Walter Thompson Co. in the 1940s and 1950s.
- Team Detroit Office Records, 2006-2009
- Includes marketing plans, sample advertisements and mailings, and launch details for a variety of Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, and Cadillac vehicles between 2006 and 2008.
- Thompson Total Branding Award Records, ca. 1997–2000
- Contains examples of non-standard entry packets for Thompson Total Branding awards. Also includes guides and booklets related to the awards along with various media. Unprocessed.
Traveling Archives Records, 1990-1995
- Consists of miscellaneous items used in creating the Traveling Archives. Includes submissions on innovations and milestones in JWT advertising by several international offices, including Japan, India, Brazil, and Spain. Restricted access.
- Treasurer's Office Records, 1928–1952
- Documents financial operations of J. Walter Thompson Co. offices within the US and abroad; includes correspondence, financial records, and legal documents for a number of multinational clients.
- Tripp (Granger) Papers, 1958–1984
- Contains presentations and speeches; correspondence, memos, publications, and clippings; audio-visual material. Also includes contents and strategy of creative advertisements for Eastman Kodak.
- Viola (Anthony J.) Papers, 1968-2009 and undated
Seinor Art Director, JWT in New York, Chicago and Lisbon. Papers documents Viola's career, with bulk of collection containing artwork for print ads and television storyboards.
- Wilson (Edward B. (Ted)) Papers, 1966–1977
- Correspondence, office files, client files, reports, speeches, and advertisements from Wilson's time at J. Walter Thompson Co. New York Office.
- Wilson (Edward G.) Papers, 1906–1991
- Executive and General Counsel for J. Walter Thompson Co. in the 1950s and 1960s.
- Woodell (Shirley F.) Papers, 1943–1958
- Documents the operations of J. Walter Thompson Co. in Mexico, the Caribbean, and Latin America primarily through correspondence written by Woodell during business trips. Includes maps, memos, reports, notes, itineraries, and photographs.
- World War II Advertising Collection, 1940–1948
- Documents the war-related activities of JWT, including in-house documentation of efforts, and work for government, civilian, and war-supporting charitable organizations produced by the War Advertising Council; also includes a few post-war assessments.
- Writings and Speeches, 1912–2000
- Primarily printed texts of speeches given by advertising executives employed at JWT; topics include general trends in advertising and marketing, specific themes related to JWT's policies and philosophies, year-end reports, and specific marketing strategies.
- Young (James Webb) Papers, 1927–1984
- Contains memos, minutes, correspondence, research reports, advertisements, and tables, especially focused on early development of international offices, public service advertising, and advertising strategy.