Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Other Reference Collections
- Artifacts and Memorabilia Collections, 1888–2004
- Wide range of material from various J. Walter Thompson Co. offices, including tapes, clothing, plaques, coffee mugs, etc.
- Biographical Information, ca. 1916–1998
- Biographical information about employees of J. Walter Thompson Co. assembled by the Information Centers and Public Relations departments. Files contain clippings from newspapers, magazines, and J. Walter Thompson Co. publications, press releases, company biographical sheets, memoranda, thumbnail sketches, and photographs.
- Iconographic Collection, 1848–2005
- Collection consists of photographs of meetings and events of significance to JWT; photographs of officers and individuals who work or have worked for J. Walter Thompson Co. (including those taken for publicity purposes); and photographs of the exteriors and interiors of buildings housing J. Walter Thompson Co. Company offices around the world.
- Memoranda, 1915–1999
- Official in-house memos documenting a range of administrative policies and procedures.
- Microfilm 16mm As-Broadcast Scripts Collection, 1928-1958
- Contains transcripts of radio and television dramas and variety shows, news programs, commercials, and sports programming
- Microfilm 16mm Investigations, 1913-1950
- Consists of research reports, market studies, account histories, office overviews, campaign studies and other investigative documents.
- Newsletters, 1910–2005
- Primarily internal newsletters published for the J. Walter Thompson Co. staff; contains information about account losses and gains, campaign updates and other business, as well as a broad range of issues in the advertising industry at large. Also includes the News Bulletin, 1922–1930. This series contains articles by J. Walter Thompson Co. personnel and outside contributors, primarily on topics of general interest to the advertising industry. Includes articles about consumer motivation, market surveys, current client lists, and occasional J. Walter Thompson Co. staff news.
- Press Clippings, 1969–1998.
- Primarily contains articles about J. Walter Thompson Co. business, clients, and staff published in newspapers, popular and trade magazines; most of the articles are in English and from U.S. publications. Unprocessed.
- Publications Collection, 1887–2005
- Includes booklets, brochures and newsletters, published by J. Walter Thompson Co. and its U.S. and international offices; later publications provide research findings, including demographic data, economic forecasts, and media information.
- Writings and Speeches, 1912–2000
- Primarily printed texts of speeches given by advertising executives employed at JWT; topics include general trends in advertising and marketing, specific themes related to JWT's policies and philosophies, year-end reports, and specific marketing strategies.