Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Advertising Vertical File, 1950–1994
- Subject files on a wide range of advertising topics. Comprised of news clippings, articles, and pamphlets.
- Corporation Vertical Files, 1915–1999 (bulk 1960–1990)
- Alphabetical files of miscellaneous information on U.S. corporations, some domestic and some multinational, includes major J. Walter Thompson Co. clients and competitors of J. Walter Thompson Co. clients (AT&T, McDonald's, General Motors, etc.). Files contain widely diverse formats.
- Diamond Information Center: Vertical Files, ca. 1930s–1970s
- Chiefly an informational file concerning all aspects of diamonds from mining to fashion. Topics include famous diamonds, the annual Diamonds International Awards, diamond mining in Africa, jewelry and fashion designers, diamond marketing and sales, etc.
- Information Center Vertical Files, ca. 1920s–1990s
- Collection contains vertical files created by the J. Walter Thompson Co. Information Center for staff use. The Internal Information Files Series holds information on the company itself, including files on advertising intelligence, recruitment, and organizational charts, as well as foreign office reports.
- Marketing Vertical File, 1946–1999
- Subject files on a wide range of marketing topics used by J. Walter Thompson Co. staff, including financial and legal information, employment trends, awards, and particular individuals in the industry, media, packaging, trademarks and research.
Marketing Vertical File, Chicago Office, 1937-1997
- Contains publications on magazine, television, and other media marketing that J. Walter Thompson Co. staff used for reference. Paper collection
- guide available in the Reading Room.
- Records, 1908–2000, Chicago Office
- Vertical files from J. Walter Thompson Co. Chicago and other J. Walter Thompson Co. offices, along with proof files and several hundred market research summations of various product categories.