Keep current with the news
Duke Libraries subscriptions make it easy to search for news on your topic across multiple sources.
Browse Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Washington Post, Economist front pages and sections.
National, regional and international newspapers and news magazines,including New York Times, Washington Post (also available via e-journals).
Also broadcast transcripts of TV and radio newscasts from national networks, cable and syndicated programs.
Regional, state and local papers and TV news--transcripts and videos.
Major U.S. regional, national and local newspapers as well as leading world titles; includes Raleigh's News & Observer and Durham's Herald Sun
The library's paid subscription databases are the best place to start for resources for academic papers; specific databases are recommended on this page and throughout this guide.
Databases for Scholarly Analysis
Use the library databases to find scholarly materials:
- Political Science Complete (EBSCO)
- Indexing and abstracts for top-ranked scholarly journals, recent reference works, and professional conference papers. Covers law and legislation, comparative politics, political theory, international relations, humanitarian issues, and non-governmental organizations.
- ProQuest Political Science
- Covers political science and international relations, including comparative politics, political economy, international development, and environmental policy, with full-text of many core titles indexed in Worldwide Political Science Abstracts.
Some overlap with PS Complete; also some unique content. Provided by NC Live.
- Indexes the social sciences with emphasis on contemporary worldwide social, economic and political issues, and public policy. Covers journals, books, government publications, and directories.
- CIAO (Columbia International Affairs Online)
- Journal articles, working papers, policy briefs, and books on international affairs
- Historical Abstracts
- Scholarly journal articles on US and world history
- Praeger Security International
- Publications on international security, military history, and terrorism. Also weekly expert commentaries, archive of important primary source documents, terrorism chronology from 1968 to the present, news feed. Updated weekly.
- Web of Science
- Includes the Social Sciences Citation Index, a comprehensive index to academic literature in prestigious, high impact journals in all the Social Science disciplines.
Academic Journals for International Relations
Access through the library's e-journals tab. Choose the link that covers the date range you need.