Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Paper Copies: Vital Statistics of the United States
- Includes sections on natality (births), mortality, and sometimes on marriage/divorce
- Published by various agencies over time.
- Usually includes some geographic breakdowns, often by major cities (e.g,. 100,000+ population).
- 1900-1936 mortality statistics : Dubester 3101 (Census Reference collection; see Census tab, above)
- 1915-1936 birth statistics : Dubester 3100 (Census Reference collection; see Census tab, above)
- 1937-1944 : Dubester 3103 (Census Reference collection; see Census tab, above)
- 1945-1967 : US Docs FS 2.112
- 1968-1969 : US Docs HE 20.2212
- 1970-1993 : US Docs HE 20.6210