Start here if you want to find books on your topic. Start with the Duke catalog if you want to find out if Duke holds a particular journal.
- Center for Research Libraries
- Google Booksearch it
- Karlsruhe Virtual Catalog (KVK)
- Library of Congress
- EuroDocs: Online Sources for European History
- European Library
- Europeana (heritage and visual)
- Italian Google books
- Project Gutenberg - Italian Books
- Italian Union Catalog
- Biblioteca Italiana
- Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale di Firenze - catalogo
- Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale di Roma - Cataloghi
- Biblioteca Nazionale di Napoli - catalogo
- Biblioteche italiane in Internet
- Instituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico delle Biblioteche Italiane
- LibDex Directory of libraries across Italy
- Metaopac Alzalai Italiano (Mai)
- Sbn · Servizio bibliotecario nazionale
- Unione romana biblioteche scientifiche (Urbs)
- Blackwell Reference Online
- Britannica Online
- Daily Life Through History
- Europa World
- Encyclopaedia Judaica
- History Reference Online
- Int. Encyclopaedia for the Middle Ages
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Cambridge Companions Online
- Oxford Reference Online
- Reference Universe
- Oxford Dictionaries
Key Article Databases
Start here if you want to find scholarly articles on your topic in academic journals:
- Academic Search Premier Scholarly, multidisciplinary database providing access for over 10,000 publications.
- Academic OneFile provides access to some 11,000 journals with full-text articles from more than 4,000 peer-reviewed journals and reference sources worldwide.
- AIDA Citation database containing nearly 287,000 journal articles from over 1,000 Italian academic journals covering the humanities and social sciences.
- Arts and Humanities Citation Index is contained in the ISI Web of Science which provides access to the Science Citation Expanded® (1900-present), Social Sciences Citation Index® (1956-present), and Arts & Humanities Citation Index™ (1975-present).
- CIAO Columbia International Affairs Online (CIAO) is designed to be a comprehensive source for theory and research in international affairs.
- Dissertations & Theses* includes more than 2.4 million entries for dissertations and theses in all subject areas.
- FRANCIS FRANCIS covers a wide range of multilingual, multidisciplinary information in the humanities (67%), social sciences (30%), and economics (3%).
- Historical Abstracts Covers the history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada) from 1450 to the present, including world history, military history, women's history, history of education, and more.
- Humanities Abstracts covers citations and abstracts of 500 journals in the areas of archaeology, classics, art, performing arts, philosophy, history, music, linguistics, literature, and religion.
- Humanities International Complete includes all data from the American Humanities Index, plus more international content.
- IBZ Online The bibliography IBZ has been the leading international and interdisciplinary reference work documenting academic periodical literature in the humanities, social sciences and related fields for over a hundred years. The spectrum of subjects covered is unrivalled: in no other database are academic journals from so many fields covered.
- InfoTrac InfoTrac Newsstand provides indexing and full-text articles from major U.S. regional, national and local newspapers as well as leading titles from around the world.
- JSTOR* is an archive for academic journals.
- Literature Resource Center provides the full text of biographies, bibliographies, and critical analyses for authors of every age, nation, and literary discipline.
- MLA International Bibliography provides citations to research in literature, literary criticism, linguistics, modern languages, drama, folklore, film and video, and other communicative behavior. Covers American, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Yiddish, other European, Asian, African, and Latin American literature and folklore. 1926-present.
- Periodicals Archive Online provides archive of digitized journals published in the arts, humanities and social sciences. It has been indexed in its sister database, Periodicals Index Online
- Periodicals Index Online indexes thousands of selected periodicals in the humanities and social sciences. Includes the complete table of contents for each issue of each journal. Bibliographic records are included for the journals themselves. The scope is international. 1770 to 1995
- Project Muse Disciplines covered are humanities, social sciences, and mathematics.
- Librit site
- Marucelliana Library site
- Resources for 18th Century Studies Across the Disciplines
- Opera del vocabolario italiano The database contains 1,369 vernacular texts
234 Bostock | 919.660.5984