- American Bibliography of Slavic and East European Studies -- citations for studies published in North America from 1990 to the present; coverage back to 1956 available in hard copy in Perkins Reference.
- Eastview Databases -- unified search engine for several databases: Russian Central Newspapers, Current Digest of the Post-Soviet Press, Social Sciences & Humanities publications, including full-runs of Pravda, Izvestiia, Voprosy istorii, and Voprosy literatury.
- Database of Russian and CIS Statistical Publications -- covers Russian and English language reports and data sets from State Committee of the Russian Federation on Statistics and the Interstate Statistical Committee of the Commonwealth of Independent States.
- ISI Emerging markets -- company directory information, financial data, and news from the world's emerging markets, including countries of former eastern Europe.
- World Biographical Information System-- biographical information on over 6 million people worldwide, from the 8th century BC to present.
- Kodeks: Russian Law Database-- full text (in Russian) of post-Soviet legislation.
Key Reference Works
- Slavic Information Resources (University of Illinois--Urbana) -- general reference, by subject, and by country.
- Russian Reference Works (Stanford University)-- Wojciech Zalewski's guide to published reference sources.
- The Cambridge Companion to Modern Russian Culture
- Encyclopedia of Russian and Slavic Myth and Legend
- The Cambridge History of Russian Literature
- The Cambridge History of Early Inner Asia
- The Cambridge History of Russia
- Encylopedia of Russian History
- Digital Library of Russian Literature and Folklore
- The Former Soviet Union's Diverse Peoples: A Reference Sourcebook
- Eastern Europe: An Introduction to the People, Lands, and Culture
- The Blackwell Dictionary of Eastern Christianity
- Central Asia: A Global Studies Handbook
- JSTOR Slavic Studies -- gives Duke subscribers full access to the electronic backfiles of several leading English-language journals, such as Slavic Review and Russian Review. For current issues, search the Duke online catalog.
- Central and East European Online Library -- digital archive that provides access to full text PDF articles from humanities and social science journals on Central, Eastern and South-Eastern European topics.
- Electronic Journals Library -- the "Slaovnic journals section" of this University Regensburg Library guide offers a quick way to see what journals are online; which ones are free; and which ones are only accessible via a Duke Library subcription. For pay-per-view titles, searchthe Duke online catalog.
- Журнальный зал -- an online "periodicals reading room," with freely accessible issues of recent Russian-language periodicals, such as Novoe literaturnoe obozrenie; Duke has a subscription to many of these titles via Eastview's Databases of Social Science and Humanities Publications.
- Portal for Central, Eastern and Balkan Countries --Includes Journal Southeastern Europe and Studi Slavistici, the first scholarly Italian journal devoted to this discipline systematically published online.
- Virtual Library Eastern Europe (ViFaOst) -- interdisciplinary portal for East European Studies.
Librarian for Slavic, Eurasian & East European Studies
230 Bostock/Perkins Library
Durham NC 27708-0195