Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to Use This Guide
This guide is an introduction to qualitative research.
It includes references to textbooks, experts, tips, software, and tools for collecting, managing, and analyzing non-numerical data (e.g. text, audio, video, or pictures).
Table of Contents
- ENVIRON 658: Applied Qualitative Research Methods
- GLHLTH 371: Research Methods in Global Health
- POLSCI 732: Research Design and Qualitative Methods
- PUBPOL 590S: Qualitative Methods, Christina Gibson-Davis
- SOCIOL 332: Methods of Social Research
Experts to Consult
Data Visualization Coordinator
See the guide, Introduction to Text Analysis, for advanced tools and recommendations.
- SSRI (Social Science Research Institute)
Get help by drop-in or appointment; for workshops see Courses & Workshops box.
For consultants and their areas of expertise, click here: http://bit.ly/2DJvRyJ
To join (or learn more about) a qualitative research working group that meets regularly to discuss qualitative methods and members' projects, email Alexandra Cooper, email@example.com.