Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Off Campus Access
Off campus access to research databases and online journals is only available to current Duke students, faculty, and staff.
Most researchers use EZ-Proxy. Some databases require the use of the VPN. VPN may also work in cases when EZ-Proxy does not.
- Start at the All, Catalog, Databases, or E-Journals page, or follow a link.
- A pop-up window will ask for your NetID and password. Once logged in, you will be able to access any library resources online for the rest of your browser session.
- Go to http://portal.duke.edu
- Select 'Library Resources Only' as the 'Department' and sign in with your NetID and password.
- If this is your first use of the VPN, software will automatically download to your computer.
Google Scholar limits your results to academic resources.
tip: To get the link when using Google Scholar off campus, go to Scholar Settings and choose Duke from Library Links.
You can also set your preferred bibliography manager (BibTeX, Endnote, Refworks) in Scholar Settings for one-click citation export. Here's how.