Skip to main content
History of Fujian
- The empire of min : A south china kingdom of the tenth century Warren, Conn. Floating World, 2006.
- Min guo shi / 閩國史 Xu, Xiaowang. / 徐曉望 Wu nan tu shu chu ban gong si. 1997
- Development and decline of fukien province in the 17th and 18th centuries. ed. E.B. Vermeer. and E. B. Vermeer Leiden. Brill, 1990.
- Community, trade, and networks : Southern fujian province from the third to the thirteenth century Clark, Hugh R. Cambridge Univ. Press, 1991.
- The troublesome legacy of commissioner lin : The opium trade and opium suppression in fujian province, 1820s to 1920s Madancy, Joyce A. Harvard Univ. Asia Center, 2003.
- Harvesting mountains : Fujian and the china tea trade, 1757-1937 Gardella, Robert. Univ. of California Press, 1994.
- Statesmen and gentlemen : The elite of fu-chou, chiang-hsi, in northern and southern sung Hymes, Robert P. Cambridge Univ. Press, 1986.
- Prosperity, region, and institutions in maritime china : The south fukien pattern, 946-1368 Su, Jilang. Harvard Univ. Asia Center, 2000.
- Chinese local history : Stone inscriptions from fukien in the sung to Chʻing periods Vermeer, E. B. Westview Press, 1991.
- Family lineage organization and social change in ming and qing fujian. Zheng, Zhenman. Univ. of Hawaiʻi Press, 2001.
- The spiral road : Change in a chinese village through the eyes of a communist party leader Huang, Shu-min. Westview Press, 1989.
- Poverty and growth in a south china county : Anxi, fujian, 1949-1992 Cornell Univ., 1994.
Religion in Fujian
- Lord of the three in one : The spread of a cult in southeast china Dean, Kenneth, Princeton Univ. Press, 1998.
- Taoism and popular religion in southeast china : History and revival Dean, Kenneth. 1988.
- Fuzhou protestants and the making of a modern china, 1857-1927 Dunch, Ryan, Yale Univ. Press, 2001.
- The foochow missionaries, 1847-1880 Carlson, Ellsworth C. Harvard Univ. Press, 1974.
- Christians in china : AD. 600 to 2000. Charbonnier, Jean. Ignatius, 2007.
- Christianity in modern china : The making of the first native protestant church Cheung, David. Brill, 2004.
- Fukien christian university, a historical sketch Scott, Roderick, United Board for Christian Colleges in China, 1954.
Fujian photos by Sidney Gamble