Published Census Reports Online
These are PDF documents from scanned published reports. Most or all are also available in paper (see below).
The Perkins Census Reference Collection is divided into two major portions, which can be browsed, or use indexes below:
Location: Public Documents Collection on Perkins 2nd floor (location map)
- "Dubester" section
- covers through 1945
- organized by entry numbers in Dubester bibliography, noted below (Online bibliography via Hathi Trust)
- we have most, but not all, titles listed in the bibliography
- Dubester #1 - 1301 derive from the decennial censuses
- Dubester #1310-3664 are non-decennial publications
- "SuDoc" section
- covers 1946-present
- organized by Superintendent of Documents (SuDoc) call numbers
- some recent reports are in the library catalog, but very hard to search for
- There are also a few Census Bureau publications in the regular US Docs collection, mostly at call numbers beginning C3 (or C56, for material published 1972-1975).
Indexes (all paper except last two):