Published Census Reports Online
These are PDF documents from scanned published reports. Most or all are also available in paper (see below).
- Census of Population and Housing: Decennial reports back to 1790. Includes Dubester number for easy cross-reference to paper reports in our collection.
Another index leading to scans of the same volumes (in some cases, may be clearer to use).
- Special Collections and Reports: Mostly special reports using decennial census data.
- Some of the non-population published reports may still be available only in paper.
The Perkins Census Reference Collection is divided into two major portions, which can be browsed, or use indexes below:
Location: Public Documents Collection on Perkins 2nd floor (location map)
- "Dubester" section
- covers through 1945
- organized by entry numbers in Dubester bibliography, noted below (Online bibliography via Hathi Trust)
- we have most, but not all, titles listed in the bibliography
- Dubester #1 - 1301 derive from the decennial censuses
- Dubester #1310-3664 are non-decennial publications
- "SuDoc" section
- covers 1946-present
- organized by Superintendent of Documents (SuDoc) call numbers
- some recent reports are in the library catalog, but very hard to search for
- There are also a few Census Bureau publications in the regular US Docs collection, mostly at call numbers beginning C3 (or C56, for material published 1972-1975).
Indexes (all paper except last two):