Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Bibliographies, Catalogs, Surveys, etc.
- Ak, Seyit Ali
- Türkçe fotograf yayinlari katalogu : 1871'den 1993'e.
Cagaloglu, Istanbul : Ataol, 1993.
Perkins/Bostock Library TR111 .A423 1993 Check availability @ Duke
- Bonfils, Félix, 1831-1885.
- Remembrances of the Near East : the photographs of Bonfils, 1867-1907 : from the collections of the International Museum of Photography at George Eastman House and the Harvard Semitic Museum / [exhibition prepared by Robert A. Sobieszek and Carney E.S. Gavin.
Rochester, N.Y. : International Museum of Photography at George Eastman House, c1980.
Lilly Library Pamphlet Collection 2535 Check availability @ Duke
Notes: Catalogue of the exhibition held May 23-Sept. 1, 1980 at the International Museum of Photography at George Eastman House and at other museums later.
- Chevedden, Paul E.
- The photographic heritage of the Middle East : an exhibition of early photographs of Egypt, Palestine, Syria, Turkey, Greece & Iran, 1849-1893.
Malibu, Calif. : Undena Publications, c1981.
Lilly Library Pamphlet Collection 2845 Check availability @ Duke
- Farhoud, Lily.
- Focus Orient : orientalist photography from the late 19th and early 20th centuries : a selection from the Thomas Walther collection, courtesy of Sheikh Adnan Adel Aref Qaddumi al Shtewi.
Sharjah, U.A.E.: Dept. of Culture and Information, 2008.
Lilly Library DS44.5 .F37 2008 Check availability @ Duke
- Forum Internationale Photographie.
- To the Holy Lands : pilgrimage centres from Mecca and Medina to Jerusalem : photographs of the 19th century from the collections of the Reiss-Engelhorn Museums, Mannheim
Munich ; New York: Prestel, 2008.
Lilly Library DS36.65 .F6713 2008 Check availability @ Duke
- Gavin, Carney E. S.
- The image of the East : nineteenth-century Near Eastern photographs by Bonfils : from the collections of the Harvard Semitic Museum.
Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 1982.
Lilly Library Cage 956.01 G283, I31, 1982 Check availability @ Duke
Notes: Microfiches inserted in pocket at end.
- Grant, Gillian.
- Middle Eastern photographic collections in the United Kingdom.
Durham : Middle East Libraries Committee, 1989.
Perkins/Bostock Library DS44.5 .G67 1989 Check availability @ Duke
- Gresh, Kristen.
- She who tells a story : women photographers from Iran and the Arab world.
Boston: MFA publications, Museum Of Fine Arts, 2013.
Lilly Library TR646.I7 G74 2013 Check availability @ Duke
- Sheehi, Stephen.
- The Arab imago : a social history of portrait photography, 1860-1910.
Princeton : Princeton University Press, 2016.
Lilly Library TR113.5 .S54 2016 Check availability @ Duke
- Watriss, Wendy.
- View from inside : contemporary Arab photography, video and mixed media art.
Houston, Texas, USA; Amsterdam, NL: FotoFest; Schilt Publishing, 2014.
Lilly Library TR646.A65 W37 2014 Check availability @ Duke
- Weiss, Marta Rachel, ed.
- Light from the Middle East : new photography.
Göttingen; London: Steidl; Thames & Hudson [distributor], 2012.
Lilly Library TR113.5 .W45 2012 Check availability @ Duke