Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
An incredible amount of scholarly, easily-accessed information can be found in dissertations. Use them to find:
- a comprehensive bibliography on your topic
- a discussion of the research problem, and ongoing needs (the "Introduction")
- chapters treating your topic (table of contents--particularly detailed in dissertations)
- unique appendices of primary-source information
1. Dissertations full text (PQDT) - ProQuest Dissertations and Theses Global - except for a handful of schools and old thesis, essentially all full-text dissertations from North American universities. British disseratons are now also represented.
2. British dissertations (EThOS) - British Library's service of UK dissertations. Not as comprehensive as PQDT, but worth searching.