Looking for books in the catalog ? The following subject terms are often used, you can refine search results to select ebooks:
- Buddhism -- China
- Taoism -- China
- Confucianism -- China
- Confucianism -- East Asia
- Islam -- China
- Christianity -- China
- CJKV - English Dictionary of Confucian, Daoist, and intellectual historical terms
- Digital Dictionary of Buddhism: A compilation of Buddhist terms, texts, temple, schools, persons, etc., found in Buddhist canonical sources.
- The Princeton Dictionary of Buddhism: encyclopedic coverage of the most important terms, concepts, texts, authors, deities, schools, monasteries, and geographical sites from across the history of Buddhism.
- A Dictionary of Buddhism: Oxford reference covers beliefs, doctrines, major teachersand scholars, place names, and artefacts.
- Encyclopedia of Buddhism: Buddhist scriptures, art, architecture, saints, demons, monastic orders, festivals, rites, ceremonies, the different forms it has taken in different parts of the world, and how Buddhism has blended with other religions like Shinto, Confucianism, Taoism and Christianity.
- Tao te ching, translation by David Hinton
Books required for this course: