Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Articles for Workshop Activity
Advice for evaluating information
- Who are they?
- What are the author's credentials or organizational affiliations?
- Is the author qualified to write on the topic?
- Place of Publication:
- What is the publication / website / source?
- References and links:
- How does the author / organization support their arguments?
- Is there evidence? Is it reliable?
- Does your topic require current information, or will older sources work as well?
- Who is the audience of the information?
- Is the information trying to inform, teach, sell, entertain, or persuade?
Instructions for Workshop Activity
- You will have 10 minutes to review 4 articles (see box on this page).
- Before you read the article, pay attention to the following:
- The author
- The place of publication
- References and links
- Think about whether you would use this article for a GLOCHALL assignment
- The goal here is not to read the article – you are looking at CONTEXT instead of CONTENT