Skip to main content
Articles for Workshop Activity
Advice for evaluating information
- Who are they?
- What are the author's credentials or organizational affiliations?
- Is the author qualified to write on the topic?
- Place of Publication:
- What is the publication / website / source?
- References and links:
- How does the author / organization support their arguments?
- Is there evidence? Is it reliable?
- Does your topic require current information, or will older sources work as well?
- Who is the audience of the information?
- Is the information trying to inform, teach, sell, entertain, or persuade?
Instructions for Workshop Activity
- You will have 10 minutes to review 4 articles (see box on this page).
- Before you read the article, pay attention to the following:
- The author
- The place of publication
- References and links
- Think about whether you would use this article for a GLOCHALL assignment
- The goal here is not to read the article – you are looking at CONTEXT instead of CONTENT