- Bibliography of British and Irish History (BBIH)
Indexes books, articles, and primary sources about the history of Britain, Ireland, and the British overseas from the Roman period to the present day.
- Historical Abstracts Contains citations and abstracts to books and articles on the history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada) from 1450 to the present.
- Irish History Online
Irish History Online is an authoritative guide (in progress) to what has been written about Irish history from earliest times to the present. It currently contains approximately 75,000 bibliographic records (June 2011)
- Blackwell Companions to British History
Includes Companions to Tudor and Stuart Britain, Nineteenth Century Britain, Anti-Slavery, Colonial History etc.
- Britannica Online
Print:The New Encyclopaedia Britannica Perkins/Bostock Library Reference AE5 .E363 2007
- History Reference Online
Collection of history reference books from ABC CLIO.
- Routledge Companion to British History
comprehensive A-Z guide to the history of Britain and its peoples
- Oxford Bibliographies Online. Atlantic History
Provides peer-reviewed annotated bibliographies on the subject area of Atlantic History. The study of Atlantic History examines the transnational interconnections between Europe, North America, South America, and Africa, particularly in the early modern period.
- Oxford English Dictionary
Print: Perkins/Bostock Library Reference PE1625
- The Oxford Companion to Irish History
Print: Perkins/Bostock Library Reference DA912 .O94 2002
- Oxford Companion to Scottish History
Print: Perkins/Bostock Library Reference DA757.9 .O946 2001
- Oxford Reference Online
Over 170 online reference works.
- Reader's Guide to British History
Contains A-Z entries on the history of Britain, from ancient and Roman Britain to the present day. Each entry lists 6-12 of the best-known books on the subject, then discusses those works in an essay of 800 to 1,000 words prepared by an expert in the field.
- Who's Who
Online on Hathi Trust from 1858. (Previous title: Men and Women of the Time.)
- Who was Who
Print edition. 1897-1990.
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography Online
Print: Perkins/Bostock Library | Reference | DA28 .O95 2004
- British Biographical Index Perkins/Bostock Library Reference CT773 .B75 1990
The Archive is on microfiche: Microform M5787s
Indexed in the World Biographical Information System
- Dictionary of Irish Biography Online (Cambridge)
- Guide to Sources of British Biographical Information in Duke Libraries
Librarian for Military History, History of Science and Technology, Britain, Ireland and Commonwealth
Perkins and Lilly Libraries