Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Explore Topical Bibliographies
Key Article Databases
Earth, Atmospheric & Aquatic Science Collection (ASFA)
Search for articles from scholarly journals, trade journals and magazines about fresh water and marine systems. Includes Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts (ASFA)
Search for journal articles in biology, ecology and environmental science
Searches for journal articles and books in the areas of agriculture, ecosystem ecology, and energy
Search for important papers published in biology as chosen by leading scientists in the field
Search for earth science journal articles and U.S. Geological Survey publications
Search peer-reviewed literature, including scientific journals, books and conference proceedings
Web of Science
Search for articles from scholarly journals in all areas of research
Search for articles on all all aspects of zoological research dating back to 1864
Finding Background Information
- Access Science @ McGraw-Hill Full access to over 8,500 articles, 110,000+ dictionary terms, and hundreds of research updates in all areas of science and technology.
- Dissertations & Theses: Full Text
- Encyclopedia of Life Sciences is "a monthly-updating reference work containing over 4,800 specially commissioned, peer-reviewed and citable articles written by leaders in the field. It offers comprehensive and authoritative coverage of the life sciences...."
- Oxford Reference Online: Science delivers access to numerous "subject reference works from one of the world's biggest and most trusted reference publishers into a single cross-searchable resource."
- Science In Context Search for contextual information on significant science topics. Includes videos, images, articles, news, and encyclopedia entries for each topic.
Encyclopedia of Animal Behavior by
Publication Date: 2010
"This comprehensive work covers not only topics such as communication, learning, sexual selection, and the history of the field, but also emerging topics on cognition, animal welfare, conservation, and applications of animal behavior."
Encyclopedia of Biodiversity by
Publication Date: 2013
"Brings together, for the first time, a study of the dimensions of diversity...Major themes of the work include the evolution of biodiversity, systems for classifying and defining biodiversity, ecological patterns and theories of biodiversity, and an assessment of contemporary patterns and trends in biodiversity."
The Encyclopedia of Sustainability by
Publication Date: 2016
Multi-volume set where "experts from around the world provide authoritative coverage of the growing body of knowledge about ways to restore the planet. Focused on solutions, this interdisciplinary publication draws from the natural, physical, and social sciences..."
Treatise on Estuarine and Coastal Science by
Publication Date: 2012
This multi-volume set "examines our estuaries and coasts, from the inland watershed to the ocean shelf... with a new focus on environmental, socio-economic and policy issues."