Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Duke Holdings of League Documents
Most of Duke's League of Nations holdings are located at the Library Service Center. Documents available in microform and some print volumes are located on the second floor of Perkins library.
- Bendiner, Elmer.
- A time for angels : the tragicomic history of the League of Nations.
New York : Knopf : distributed by Random House, 1975.
Perkins/Bostock Library JZ4871 .B463 1975 Check availability @ Duke
- Ranshofen-Wertheimer, Egon Ferdinand.
- The international Secretariat, a great experiment in international administration.
Washington: Carnegie endowment for international peace, 1945.
Perkins/Bostock Library KZ1237 .S783 no.3 Check availability @ Duke
- Walters, F. P. (Francis Paul).
- A history of the League of Nations.
London ; New York : Oxford University Press, 1965
Perkins/Bostock Library JZ4871 .W359 1965 Check availability @ Duke
For a list of works on the history of the League of Nations in Duke's collections, perform a subject heading search on League of Nations -- History.
Reference Works & Bibliographies
- Aufricht, Hans.
- Guide to League of Nations publications : a bibliographical survey of the work of the League, 1920-1947.
New York : Columbia University Press, 1951.
Perkins Public Documents/Maps League of Nations Lref Aufr
Law Library JZ4869 .A94 1951 Check availability @ Duke
Appendices: 1. Documents relating to the League of nations.--2. Documents relating to the International Labor Organization and the Permanent Court of International Justice.--3. Documents relating to the transfer of League of Nations assets and functions to the United Nations.
- Beck, Peter J.
- British documents on foreign affairs--reports and papers from the Foreign Office confidential print. Part II, from the first to the Second World War. Series J, the League of Nations, 1918-1941.
[Frederick, Md.] : University Publications of America, 1992-
Perkins/Bostock Library KZ4871 .B758 1992 Check availability @ Duke
Contents: v. 1. Britain and the League of Nations, 1918-1941: Attitudes and policy -- v. 2. The League of Nations and its members, 1924-1939 -- v. 3. The question of disarmament, 1924-1931. -- v. 4. The question of disarmament, 1932-1933 -- v. 5. The question of disarmament, 1933-1934 -- v. 6. The question of disarmament, 1934-1938 and naval disarmament discussions, 1924-1936. -- v. 7-8. International disputes and the machinery of peace, 1924-1941. -- v. 9. Legal and administrative questions, 1924-1939. -- v. 10. Mandates, minorities and economic and social questions at the League, 1925-1940.
- Birchfield, Mary Eva.
- Consolidated catalog of League of Nations publications offered for sale.
Dobbs Ferry, N.Y. : Oceana Publications, c1976.
Perkins Public Documents/Maps League of Nations Lref Birc Check availability @ Duke
- Carroll, Marie J.
- Key to League of Nations documents placed on public sale.
Boston, Mass. : World Peace Foundation, 1930-.
Perkins Public Documents/Maps League of Nations Lref Carr Check availability @ Duke
Library has: 1920-1929; suppls.: 1 (1930)-4 (1934-36)
- Ghébali, Victor Yves.
- A repertoire of League of Nations serial documents, 1919-1947. Répertoire des séries de documents de la Societé des Nations 1919-1947.
Dobbs Ferry, N.Y., Oceana Publications, 1973.
Perkins Public Documents/Maps League of Nations Lref Gheb Check availability @ Duke
- Ginneken, Anique H. M. van
- Historical dictionary of the League of Nations.
Lanham, Md. : Scarecrow Press, 2006.
Perkins/Bostock Reference JZ4869 .G56 2006 Check availability @ Duke
- International Labour Office.
- International Labour review: Index.
Geneva: International Labour Office.
Perkins Public Documents/Maps League of Nations Lref ILR Check availability @ Duke
Library has: v.1(1921)-v.20(1929); v.31(1935)-v.75(1957); v.51(1945)-v.130(1991).
- McCaffrey-Noviss, Michael.
- "The League of Nations" in:
Hajnal, Peter I. International Information: Documents, Publications, and Electronic Information of International Government Organizations. pp.139-162
Englewood, Co.: Libraries Unlimited, Inc., 1997
Perkins/Bostock Reference JZ4850 .I58 1997 Check availability @ Duke
Ford Library Reference JZ4850 .I58 1997
Law Library Reference JZ4850 .I58 1997
- Pease, Mina.
- The Consolidated index to the I.L.O. legislative series 1919-1970.
New York, Unifo Publishers, 1975.
Perkins Public Documents/Maps League of Nations Lref Peas Check availability @ Duke
- Reno, Edward A.
- League of Nations documents, 1919-1946; a descriptive guide and key to the microfilm collection.
New Haven, Conn., Research Publications, 1973-75.
Perkins Public Documents/Maps League of Nations Lref Reno Check availability @ Duke
A guide to all of the League of Nations documents published by Research Publications as part of its microfilm project: League of Nations documents and publications, 1919-1946.