Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Lemkin Collections Beyond Duke
- Raphael Lemkin (1900-1959) Collection (Center for Jewish History, American Jewish Historical Society, New York, NY)
- 7.5 linear ft.; 12 manuscript boxes, 2 oversized boxes.
- Documents include personal correspondence and artifacts; correspondence, documentation, clippings, and articles regarding the United Nations adoption of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment on the Crime of Genocide treaty; and source material for the unfinished manuscript, History of Genocide. Collection includes photographs, identity cards, articles, papers, essays, clippings, magazines, research materials, term papers, posters, United Nations materials, and microfilm.
- Over 75 items, including complete folders, from the Raphael Lemkin collection have been digitized and are available in the Center for Jewish History Digital Collections: Raphael Lemkin.
- Raphael Lemkin Papers, 1942-1959 (American Jewish Archives, Cincinnati, Ohio)
- 2.8 linear feet.7 Hollinger boxes.
- Collection includes correspondence, memoranda, newspaper clippings, printed material and miscellaneous material. The papers span the years between 1942 and 1959 with the bulk of the material covering the years 1948-1956.
- Raphael Lemkin Papers, 1947-1959 (New York Public Library, New York, NY)
- 2 linear feet (5 boxes); 5 microfilm reels.
- Collection consists of correspondence, drafts of an autobiography, draft of a history of genocide, and research notes and printed materials relating to genocide throughout the world. Advance notice required to use the collection.
- 25 items (photographs, individual manuscript pages, typed documents) from the Lemkin collection are available online in the NYPLDigital Collections: Raphael Lemkin Papers.
- Raphael Lemkin papers, 1931-1947 (Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Columbia University, New York, NY)
- 2.5 linear ft. (5 document boxes)
- Material (primarily in English and German with some Polish) arranged into two series: Series I: German Government Regulations and Series II: Other Research and Writings.