Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How did they vote on the bill?
Action: House and Senate members vote on the proposed bill and/or amendments. Some votes are by voice, not roll call, so you will not find the names of who voted.
- CQ Congress Collection
- Search votes by topic or Congressional session; key vote analysis; compare members' votes and voting alignment.
- THOMAS Roll Call Votes
- 101st Cong. 1st sess. (1989) to present.
- ProQuest Congressional
- Choose Legislative Histories from the search page. Within a history, look for the Congressional Record entry where the bill was passed.
- Legislative histories of bills from 91st (1969-1970) Congress - present.; text and status of bills from 101st Congress- present.
- You can also search by Member Records to follow a particular legislator's votes.
- CQ (Congressional Quarterly) Weekly Report
- 1957-present, selected votes only.
- Congressional Quarterly Almanac, and Congressional Quarterly Almanac plus.
- Comprehensive, yearly summary of the activity and issues addressed by Congress. Provides voting information by bill for every member. Includes major political happenings of that year and text of important statements.
Paper: 1948 - present.