Last Updated: May 10, 2012
- ASFA Aquatic Sciences & Fisheries Abstracts covers aquaculture, aquatic biology, aquatic pollution, ecology, marine, brackish, and freshwater environments, conservation, environmental quality, fisheries, limnology, marine biotechnology, marine meteorology, oceanography, ocean engineering, marine policy and legislation, and wildlife management. Indexes over 5,000 serial publications, books, reports, conference proceedings, translations and limited distribution literature.
- BioOne contains full-text articles from roughly 40 peer-reviewed journals and bulletins. Subjects include biology, environmental sciences, zoology, microbiology, and botany.
- Environment Complete "offers deep coverage in applicable areas of agriculture, ecosystem ecology, energy, renewable energy sources, natural resources, marine & freshwater science, geography, pollution & waste management, environmental technology, environmental law, public policy, social impacts, urban planning, and more."
- GeoRef provides access to the geoscience literature of the world, including references to geoscience journal articles, books, maps, conference papers, reports and theses. Covers the geology of North America from 1693 to the present and the geology of the rest of the world from 1933 to the present.
- Science Direct "offers over eight million full-text articles from over 2,000 peer-reviewed journals, as well as a growing range of authoritative books, including reference works, handbooks and book series."
- Access Science @ McGraw-Hill Full access to over 8,500 articles, 110,000+ dictionary terms, and hundreds of research updates in all areas of science and technology.
- Credo Reference - Science provides access to a rich collection of aggregated and integrated reference resources (enclopedias, subject dictionaries, biographies, etc.).
- Dissertations & Theses: Full Text
- Encyclopedia of Life Sciences is "a monthly-updating reference work containing over 4,800 specially commissioned, peer-reviewed and citable articles written by leaders in the field. It offers comprehensive and authoritative coverage of the life sciences...."
- Encyclopedia of Genetics, Genomics, Proteomics and Bioinformatics comprehensive volume focusing "on studies based on the human and mouse genomes, but other important model eukaryotes, as well as pathogenic bacteria, are given in-depth coverage."
- Grzimek's Animal Life Encyclopedia "is internationally renowned for its scientific reporting, coverage and illustrations, and serves as a major point of reference for researchers and students studying the animal kingdom. Thorough articles familiarize readers with animals found everywhere on the globe, detailing their life cycles, predators, food systems, overall ecology and much more."
- Life on Earth: An Encyclopedia of Biodiversity, Ecology & Evolution "200+ A–Z detailed entries on Earth's ecosystems, major groups of organisms, threats to biodiversity, and academic disciplines related to the study of biodiversity."
- Oxford Reference Online: Science delivers access to numerous "subject reference works from one of the world's biggest and most trusted reference publishers into a single cross-searchable resource."
Pearse Memorial Library
Duke University Marine Laboratory
135 Duke Marine Lab Road
Beaufort, NC 28516
(252) 504-7510Send Email