Covenant of the League of Nations
League of Nations Photo Archive
The site gives an overview of the history of the League, including a bibliography, photo collection, lists of officials, delegates, ministers, and a detailed League time line.
League of Nations Statistical and Disarmament Documents
The documents in this digitized collection focus on three areas: the founding of the League, international statistics published by the League, and the League's work toward international disarmament.
Library of the United Nations Office, Geneva Archives
> League of Nations Search Engine (LONSEA)
> League of Nations Chronology
- Bendiner, Elmer.
- A time for angels : the tragicomic history of the League of Nations.
New York : Knopf : distributed by Random House, 1975.
Perkins/Bostock Library JZ4871 .B463 1975 Check availability @ Duke
- Ranshofen-Wertheimer, Egon Ferdinand.
- The international Secretariat, a great experiment in international administration.
Washington: Carnegie endowment for international peace, 1945.
Perkins/Bostock Library KZ1237 .S783 no.3 Check availability @ Duke
- Walters, F. P. (Francis Paul).
- A history of the League of Nations.
London ; New York : Oxford University Press, 1965
Perkins/Bostock Library JZ4871 .W359 1965 Check availability @ Duke
For a list of works on the history of the League of Nations in Duke's collections, perform a subject heading search on League of Nations -- History.
Reference Works & Bibliographies
- Aufricht, Hans.
- Guide to League of Nations publications : a bibliographical survey of the work of the League, 1920-1947.
New York : Columbia University Press, 1951.
Perkins Public Documents/Maps League of Nations Lref Aufr
Law Library JZ4869 .A94 1951
Appendices: 1. Documents relating to the League of nations.--2. Documents relating to the International Labor Organization and the Permanent Court of International Justice.--3. Documents relating to the transfer of League of Nations assets and functions to the United Nations.
- Beck, Peter J.
- British documents on foreign affairs--reports and papers from the Foreign Office confidential print. Part II, from the first to the Second World War. Series J, the League of Nations, 1918-1941.
[Frederick, Md.] : University Publications of America, 1992-
Perkins/Bostock Library KZ4871 .B758 1992 Check availability @ Duke
Contents: v. 1. Britain and the League of Nations, 1918-1941: Attitudes and policy -- v. 2. The League of Nations and its members, 1924-1939 -- v. 3. The question of disarmament, 1924-1931. -- v. 4. The question of disarmament, 1932-1933 -- v. 5. The question of disarmament, 1933-1934 -- v. 6. The question of disarmament, 1934-1938 and naval disarmament discussions, 1924-1936. -- v. 7-8. International disputes and the machinery of peace, 1924-1941. -- v. 9. Legal and administrative questions, 1924-1939. -- v. 10. Mandates, minorities and economic and social questions at the League, 1925-1940.
- Birchfield, Mary Eva.
- Consolidated catalog of League of Nations publications offered for sale.
Dobbs Ferry, N.Y. : Oceana Publications, c1976.
Perkins Public Documents/Maps League of Nations Lref Birc
- Carroll, Marie J.
- Key to League of Nations documents placed on public sale.
Boston, Mass. : World Peace Foundation, 1930-.
Perkins Public Documents/Maps League of Nations Lref Carr
Library has: 1920-1929; suppls.: 1 (1930)-4 (1934-36)
- Ghébali, Victor Yves.
- A repertoire of League of Nations serial documents, 1919-1947. Répertoire des séries de documents de la Societé des Nations 1919-1947.
Dobbs Ferry, N.Y., Oceana Publications, 1973.
Perkins Public Documents/Maps League of Nations Lref Gheb
- Ginneken, Anique H. M. van
- Historical dictionary of the League of Nations.
Lanham, Md. : Scarecrow Press, 2006.
Perkins/Bostock Reference JZ4869 .G56 2006 Check availability @ Duke
- International Labour Office.
- International Labour review: Index.
Geneva: International Labour Office.
Perkins Public Documents/Maps League of Nations Lref ILR
Library has: v.1(1921)-v.20(1929); v.31(1935)-v.75(1957); v.51(1945)-v.130(1991).
- McCaffrey-Noviss, Michael.
- "The League of Nations" in:
Hajnal, Peter I. International Information: Documents, Publications, and Electronic Information of International Government Organizations. pp.139-162
Englewood, Co.: Libraries Unlimited, Inc., 1997
Perkins/Bostock Reference JZ4850 .I58 1997
Ford Library Reference JZ4850 .I58 1997
Law Library Reference JZ4850 .I58 1997
- Pease, Mina.
- The Consolidated index to the I.L.O. legislative series 1919-1970.
New York, Unifo Publishers, 1975.
Perkins Public Documents/Maps League of Nations Lref Peas
- Reno, Edward A.
- League of Nations documents, 1919-1946; a descriptive guide and key to the microfilm collection.
New Haven, Conn., Research Publications, 1973-75.
Perkins Public Documents/Maps League of Nations Lref Reno
A guide to all of the League of Nations documents published by Research Publications as part of its microfilm project: League of Nations documents and publications, 1919-1946.