Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the website for History Honors Students! We are the three primary librarians for History, but there are also many specialized librarians with area and subject specialities who will be able to help with your research. See the complete list of subject librarians or the list of subject guides.
The Library Guide for History is a good place to begin, or see the specialized guides to topics such as U.S., Medieval, Military, and NC history. There are also guides to most other areas of the world.
Any of us will be happy to meet with you at any stage in your research to help you make the most of the library resources.
Also, the library offers special privileges for Honors students, see the box below for details.
Margaret Brill, Carson Holloway and Kelley Lawton
Library Services for Honors Students
Check out what the library offers students writing honors theses...
- The same check-out privileges that grad students have (just send your net ID to Emily Daly)
- Study carrels that may be used for four-hour blocks -- stop by the Perkins circulation desk to check out a key
- A group study room -- Bostock 112 -- designated specifically for honors researchers (contact Emily Daly, or ask at the check-out desk for the access code)
- Book and article delivery to the library of your choice
- Lockers for storing your materials (just ask at the Perkins check-out desk)
- $1000 for your honors thesis! Enter your thesis into competition for the Durden Prize or Middlesworth Award