Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Note: advance slides forward and backward with arrows. Click on to expand to full screen.
EndNote is a powerful citation management tool which helps users search hundreds of online resources for bibliographic information and PDFs. Using this tool users can store and organize PDFs into meaningful collections, and read, review, annotate and search within the PDFs in personal libraries or libraries shared with others for group projects. The tool can also build bibliographies in a huge range of referencing styles. It is available for both Windows and Mac (desktop and iOS app).
Note: The software is licensed for all DKU faculty, students and staff. It is not permitted to share with others outside DKU.
- Access DKU SharePoint
- Select either Windows or Mac version EndNote X8 or X9 to install the software to your devices. Note: the latest version is X9.
- Please follow the instruction EndNote X8 Volume License Install Steps or EndNote X9 Install Steps to complete the installation.
- Please note: Product Key is needed for Windows version EndNote X8. It is provided within the SharePoint.
- If you already downloaded EndNote X8 and would like to update to the latest version, please uninstall it before you install X9. It will not affect the libraries you created in EndNote X8, you can open them in EndNote X9.
Help and support:
Zotero is a free, open source citation management tool created by the Center for History and New Media at George Mason University. It is available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
The tool supports the capture of bibliographic data for a range of source types, the storage and organization of PDFs, and automation of in-text citations and reference lists using Microsoft Word and Google Docs.
- Go to the Zotero download page.
- Click the ‘Download’ button to install the software
- Install the ‘Connector’ for your chosen web browser (this allows you to capture bibliographic information from the web)
- If you would like to sync your account across multiple devices, create your account at the Zotero registration page.
Help and support: