Communicate your research
- It should attract attention (and be attractive)
- It should communicate effectively (comfortably and clearly)
- It should tell a story!
The design should support these points.
Design for the situation
- Standalone and/or accompanied poster session?
- Level of the audience?
- Size of the session?
Simpler is better
- Edit, edit, edit to reduce text (500-800 words at most)
- Instead of "Introduction" or "Results", use active titles to summarize text blocks
- Use the poster as a visual aid to a story you tell about your research, especially if you'll be standing by the poster during the session