Useful Data Sources and Finding Aids
- Data and Visualization Services Data Collections (Duke) - A combined list of licensed and linked datasets and data collections.
- Census Data and Mapping Resources - A comparison of licensed census data and mapping services.
- Data.gov - data collections generated by the Executive Branch of the Federal Government
- Fedstats - A convenient index of data/statistical collections at over 100 US Federal Government Agencies.
- FRED - 41,000 Time Series covering a diverse range of economic, demographic, social indicators from the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- IPUMS CPS - The IPUMS-CPS site provides harmonized data and extensive documentation on changes in the Current Population Survey over time.
- IPUMS USA - The IPUMS-USA provides harmonized microdata from the US Census.
- Paul Hensel's International Relations Data Site
- Quality of Government (QoG) Data - A collection of data sets covering economic, political, and social issues related to the quality of government.
- WHO Global Health Observatory - Data on health topics around the world.
Top Data Archives
- ICPSR- a data archive of more than 500,000 files of research in the social sciences. It hosts 16 specialized collections of data in education, aging, criminal justice, substance abuse, terrorism, and other fields.
- National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER)- broad selection of economic and policy data with statistical programs
- Odum Institute for Research in Social Science
- Roper Center
- Sociometrics Social Science Electronic Data Library