Research Guides for Anthro Courses
Check out these guides for suggestions for anthropology resources on specific topics:
- International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences
Landmark encyclopedia with signed articles by recognized scholars
- International Encyclopedia of the Social and Behavioral Sciences
Comprehensive encyclopedia for social sciences
- Encyclopedia of Cultural Anthropology
Sponsored by the Human Relations Area Files at Yale University
- Encyclopedia of Social and Cultural Anthropology
Over 200 brief essays on the discipline + a glossary
- Encyclopedia of Anthropology
Encyclopedia covering physical and cultural anthropology
Dictionaries and Handbooks
- Biographical Dictionary of Social and Cultural Anthropology
Covers the life and work of 600 key men and women.
- Dictionary of Anthropology
Focus on key concepts, theories, and methodologies of social and cultural anthropology.
- Dictionary of Concepts in Cultural Anthropology
Defines key ideas and concepts.
- Introduction to Library Research in Anthropology
An introduction to the literature in anthropology.
- Social and Cultural Anthropology: the Key Concepts
Substantial essays written on key concepts in contemporary anthropological studies.
- Cultural Anthropology: A Guide to Reference and Information Sources
A guide to researching the literature of cultural anthropology.
- Social Change in America
Topics include family life; work and employment; housing; wealth and poverty; education; religion; politics; and more.
- Encyclopedia of Gender and Society
Covers the major theories, research, people, and issues in contemporary gender studies.
- Encyclopedia of Sex and Gender
Provides comparative perspective on issues involving conceptions of gender and sexuality.