Beginnings - Reference Sources
Oxford Reference Online - Art and Architecture
- variety of Oxford University Press online reference titles, many which include architecture (usually artistic and historic aspects).
Oxford Art Online
- Oxford's combined electronic art databases, including the (37-volume) Grove Dictionary of Art and the Encyclopedia of Esthetics
Engineering Research - A matrix written by the Duke Engineering Librarian for how to proceed in eningeering topics
Access Science - topical scholarly encyclopedia on science/engineering issues
Pelican History of Art (series) Lilly Reference [various titles depending on period] Lilly N5300.P38
- the English-language history of art, including architecture. Great Images. Great for contextualization.
Encyclopedia of 20th century architecture. 3 vols
Lilly Library Reference NA680 .E495 2004
- short but scholarly discussions of buildings (Hysolar Research Institute), bios of architects (Rem Koolhaas), concepts ("Utopian Architecture")
The Greenwood encyclopedia of homes through world history. 2009 6 vols.
Lilly Library stacks and Reference NA7105 .S74 2009
- terms, buildings, countries or regions and their architecture
The Greenwood encyclopedia of homes through American history. 2008 4 vols.
Lilly Library Reference NA7205 .G745 2008
- American focus on all aspects fo domestic architecture
Phaidon Atlas of Contemporary World Architecture.
Lilly Referance Atlas Case
- spectacular huge 'atlas-style' book on modern and post-modern architecture. Includes anxiomatics, color pics, written history, etc. Great fro scanning. Basic and thorough.
Visual Studies Librarian
104 Lilly Library