Please send comments or corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information is provided by the Duke University Libraries as a service to the Duke University community. The Duke University Libraries do not endorse any political parties or candidates.
Then print it, sign it, and mail it. You can also fill out a paper registration form, which is available at public libraries, DMVs, and other locations. Please PRINT NEATLY! The deadline to register to vote in a NC primary or general election is 25 days prior to the election (or register during early voting). The voter registration deadline for the November 6 general election is October 12, 2012; forms must be postmarked or delivered in person to the Board of Elections by 5:00pm.
The Board of Elections cannot use your dorm name and room number for your registration address. You must use your campus location, rather than your dorm name and room number:
- If you live on East Campus, write DUKE-EAST
- If you live on West Campus, write DUKE-WEST
- If you live on East or West, select "Mailing address is different from above," and enter "PO Box [your number] Duke University, Durham, NC 27708"
- If you live on Central Campus, write your street address
- If you live off campus, write your street address
- If you have moved from East Campus to West or Central Campus, you need to update your registration. If you have moved off-campus, you also need to update your registration.
On Election Day: Durham County residents, if you live:
From East Campus, walk behind Bassett, Brown, or the East Campus Union to the wall. Cross Buchanan Blvd., and walk to Urban Ave. Walk 1 block on Urban to Watts St. Watts Street Elementary is a red brick building on the corner of Watts and Urban, across from the Baptist Church. Polls open 6:30am to 7:30pm.
West Campus or Central Campus -- Precinct 5: W. I. Patterson Recreation Center, 2000 Crest St. (map)
From Flowers Dr. or Anderson St., turn Left on Erwin Road, and Right at the light onto Fulton St. Patterson Rec Center is behind the VA Hospital on the corner of Fulton St. and Crest St., near Crest Street Park. Polls open 6:30am to 7:30pm.
On foot from West Campus, walk straight through the Davison Building, and follow the signs that say "Main Entrance." Take the Red Elevators or the stairs next to the Gift Shop to the lower level. Follow the signs that say "PRT." Take a PRT tram or the covered footpath to Duke Hospital North. On the footpath, turn right at the Medical Center Library and follow the path to the Hospital. From the Hospital, follow the signs to the "Main Entrance." Go out the Main Entrance, and you will be at the corner of Fulton St. and Erwin Rd. Cross Erwin Road, and walk past the VA Hospital. Patterson Rec Center is behind the VA Hospital on the corner of Fulton St. and Crest St., near Crest Street Park.
Off Campus -- Check the Precinct Atlas
October 12, 2012, 5pm: Voter Registration Deadline
October 18-November 3, 2012: One Stop Voting (and Registration)
November 6, 2012: General Election
Durham Board of Elections
1. Follow the "To View Sample Ballot" link above
2. Select "Show my Voter Information"
3. Fill in information (Last Name, First Name generally enough info; birth date as well if your name is more common); click submit
4. You should see your voter information. Scroll down for Judicial Voter Guide, My Districts, and My Sample Ballot.